Solo backpacking in Europe before Grad School takes over my life

Barcelona and Beyond

Survived my first overnight train

I spent some of yesterday hanging around Madrid, and I actually wish I maybe had one more day there.  I don’t think I missed too much, but I could have hung out in the park some more.  I caught my overnight train, and since I was cheap, I shared a big car of reclining seats with maybe 12-15 people.  I am safely in Paris, and I have already seen the catacombs and the Notre Dame.  Both were cool, but I need to go back to Notre Dame to go up in the tower tomorrow.  I also decided to spend tomorrow night in Paris as well because I felt I was going to rush it.  Gotta go now.  I hate these French keyboards.

Posted by offhegoes03 on 06-19-2008 at 03:06 pm
Posted in France

6 Comments »

1. Hiiiii topher, sounds like a blast. if you happen to see any cheap chanel bags, pick me up one. I think i’d spend my entire trip in paris shopping. to me, those are the cultural and exciting sites. miss you love you.

Comment by Loots — Thursday, 19 June, 2008 @ 3:45 pm
  2. Sounds like a good time . As Joe Dirt said, “Life is a garden….dig it”

Comment by Pops — Thursday, 19 June, 2008 @ 3:53 pm
  3. Topher - if you shop for Linsey get the cash up front!!!

Comment by eddie — Friday, 20 June, 2008 @ 12:17 pm
  4. I thought Notre Dame was in Indiana?
    Stay safe and have fun, Chris. I’m sure after a few days you’ll hate more than just French keyboards.

Comment by Brian — Friday, 20 June, 2008 @ 1:00 pm
  5. Loots, sorry but I did not get a chance to shop. Maybe next time.

Pops, I always live by the gospel of Joe Dirt.

Eddie, You bet!

Brian, hah they weren’t that bad at least to me (maybe because I don’t look american).

Comment by cehen2 — Sunday, 22 June, 2008 @ 11:13 am
  6. oh man! i hate french keyboards! you can’t find anything! i had to use one in Nice to register for classes. it was terrible!
    glad to see you’re having fun and surviving. can’t wait to see all your pics.

Comment by Amin — Tuesday, 24 June, 2008 @ 2:52 pm